Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) stinger (a cocktail made of made of creme de menthe and brandy)
- S: (n) stinger, cut (a remark capable of wounding mentally) "the unkindest cut of all"
- S: (n) Stinger (a portable low altitude surface-to-air missile system using infrared guidance and an impact fuse; fired from the shoulder)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) surface-to-air missile, SAM (a guided missile fired from land or shipboard against an airborne target)
- S: (n) guided missile (a rocket-propelled missile whose path can be controlled during flight either by radio signals or by internal homing devices)
- S: (n) missile (a rocket carrying a warhead of conventional or nuclear explosives; may be ballistic or directed by remote control)
- S: (n) rocket, projectile (any vehicle self-propelled by a rocket engine)
- S: (n) vehicle (a conveyance that transports people or objects)
- S: (n) weapon, arm, weapon system (any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting) "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
- S: (n) instrument (a device that requires skill for proper use)
- S: (n) device (an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose) "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"
- S: (n) heat-seeking missile (a missile with a guidance system that directs it toward targets emitting infrared radiation (as the emissions of a jet engine))
- S: (n) stinger (a sharp organ of offense or defense (as of a wasp or stingray or scorpion) often connected with a poison gland)
- S: (n) stinger (a sharp stinging blow)