Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) steady, calm, becalm (make steady) "steady yourself"
- S: (v) brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise (support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace) "brace your elbows while working on the potter's wheel"
- S: (adj) steady (not subject to change or variation especially in behavior) "a steady beat"; "a steady job"; "a steady breeze"; "a steady increase"; "a good steady ballplayer"
- S: (adj) firm, steady, unfluctuating (not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall) "stocks are still firm"
- S: (adj) steady (securely in position; not shaky) "held the ladder steady"
- S: (adj) firm, steadfast, steady, stiff, unbendable, unfaltering, unshakable, unwavering (marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable) "firm convictions"; "a firm mouth"; "steadfast resolve"; "a man of unbendable perseverence"; "unwavering loyalty"
- S: (adj) regular, steady (relating to a person who does something regularly) "a regular customer"; "a steady drinker"
- S: (adj) steady (not easily excited or upset) "steady nerves"
- S: (adv) steadily, steady (in a steady manner) "he could still walk steadily"