Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) spy, undercover agent ((military) a secret agent hired by a state to obtain information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors)
- S: (n) spy (a secret watcher; someone who secretly watches other people) "my spies tell me that you had a good time last night"
- S: (v) descry, spot, espy, spy (catch sight of)
- S: (v) spy, stag, snoop, sleuth (watch, observe, or inquire secretly)
- S: (v) spy, sight (catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes) "he caught sight of the king's men coming over the ridge"
- S: (v) spy (secretly collect sensitive or classified information; engage in espionage) "spy for the Russians"