Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) sputter (make an explosive sound) "sputtering engines"
- S: (v) sputter (cause to undergo a process in which atoms are removed) "The solar wind protons must sputter away the surface atoms of the dust"
- S: (v) clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter (climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling)
- S: (v) sputter, splutter (utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage)
- S: (v) splutter, sputter, spit out (spit up in an explosive manner)