Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) spring, springtime (the season of growth) "the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring"; "he will hold office until the spring of next year"
- S: (n) spring (a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed) "the spring was broken"
- S: (n) spring, fountain, outflow, outpouring, natural spring (a natural flow of ground water)
- S: (n) spring (a point at which water issues forth)
- S: (n) give, spring, springiness (the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length)
- S: (n) leap, leaping, spring, saltation, bound, bounce (a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards)
- S: (v) jump, leap, bound, spring (move forward by leaps and bounds) "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
- S: (v) form, take form, take shape, spring (develop into a distinctive entity) "our plans began to take shape"
- S: (v) bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet (spring back; spring away from an impact) "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- S: (v) spring (develop suddenly) "The tire sprang a leak"
- S: (v) spring (produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly) "He sprang these news on me just as I was leaving"