Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out (move outward) "The soldiers fanned out"
- S: (v) string out, spread out (set out or stretch in a line, succession, or series) "the houses were strung out in a long row"
- S: (v) spread, scatter, spread out (strew or distribute over an area) "He spread fertilizer over the lawn"; "scatter cards across the table"
- S: (v) expand, spread out (extend in one or more directions) "The dough expands"
- S: (v) turn out, splay, spread out, rotate (turn outward) "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- S: (v) disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out (move away from each other) "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached"
- S: (v) unfold, spread, spread out, open (spread out or open from a closed or folded state) "open the map"; "spread your arms"