Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) stipulate, qualify, condition, specify (specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement) "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- S: (v) specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit (decide upon or fix definitely) "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- S: (v) specify, define, delineate, delimit, delimitate (determine the essential quality of)
- S: (v) specify, particularize, particularise, specialize, specialise (be specific about) "Could you please specify your criticism of my paper?"
- S: (v) pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify (define clearly) "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- S: (v) intend, destine, designate, specify (design or destine) "She was intended to become the director"
- S: (v) assign, specify, set apart (select something or someone for a specific purpose) "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"