Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) span (the complete duration of something) "the job was finished in the span of an hour"
- S: (n) span (the distance or interval between two points)
- S: (n) couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad (two items of the same kind)
- S: (n) span (a unit of length based on the width of the expanded human hand (usually taken as 9 inches))
- S: (n) bridge, span (a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.)
- S: (n) straddle, span (the act of sitting or standing astride)
- S: (v) cross, traverse, span, sweep (to cover or extend over an area or time period) "Rivers traverse the valley floor"; "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"