Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) soften (make (images or sounds) soft or softer)
- S: (v) dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break (lessen in force or effect) "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- S: (v) yield, relent, soften (give in, as to influence or pressure)
- S: (v) cushion, buffer, soften (protect from impact) "cushion the blow"
- S: (v) mince, soften, moderate (make less severe or harsh) "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- S: (v) soften (make soft or softer) "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- S: (v) soften (become soft or softer) "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"