Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) trap, snare (something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares) "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
- S: (n) snare drum, snare, side drum (a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head)
- S: (n) snare (a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities)
- S: (n) snare (strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit)
- S: (n) snare, gin, noose (a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose)