Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) smear, vilification, malignment (slanderous defamation)
- S: (n) smear, cytologic smear, cytosmear (a thin tissue or blood sample spread on a glass slide and stained for cytologic examination and diagnosis under a microscope)
- S: (n) smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur (a blemish made by dirt) "he had a smudge on his cheek"
- S: (n) blot, smear, smirch, spot, stain (an act that brings discredit to the person who does it) "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- S: (v) smear (stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance)
- S: (v) smear, blur, smudge, smutch (make a smudge on; soil by smudging)
- S: (v) daub, smear (cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it) "smear the wall with paint"; "daub the ceiling with plaster"
- S: (v) defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch (charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone) "The journalists have defamed me!"; "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"