Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) smart (showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness)
- S: (adj) chic, smart, voguish (elegant and stylish) "chic elegance"; "a smart new dress"; "a suit of voguish cut"
- S: (adj) bright, smart (characterized by quickness and ease in learning) "some children are brighter in one subject than another"; "smart children talk earlier than the average"
- S: (adj) fresh, impertinent, impudent, overbold, smart, saucy, sassy, wise (improperly forward or bold) "don't be fresh with me"; "impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"; "an impudent boy given to insulting strangers"; "Don't get wise with me!"
- S: (adj) smart (painfully severe) "he gave the dog a smart blow"
- S: (adj) smart (quick and brisk) "I gave him a smart salute"; "we walked at a smart pace"
- S: (adj) smart (capable of independent and apparently intelligent action) "smart weapons"