Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) decelerate, slow, slow down, slow up, retard (lose velocity; move more slowly) "The car decelerated"
- S: (v) slow, slow down, slow up, slack, slacken (become slow or slower) "Production slowed"
- S: (v) slow, slow down, slow up (cause to proceed more slowly) "The illness slowed him down"
- S: (v) decelerate, slow down (reduce the speed of) "He slowed down the car"
- S: (v) relax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down (become less tense, rest, or take one's ease) "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work"