Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slice, piece (a share of something) "a slice of the company's revenue"
- S: (n) piece, slice (a serving that has been cut from a larger portion) "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- S: (n) cut, gash, slash, slice (a wound made by cutting) "he put a bandage over the cut"
- S: (n) slice, fade, slicing (a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer) "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
- S: (n) slice (a thin flat piece cut off of some object)
- S: (n) slice (a spatula for spreading paint or ink)
- S: (v) slit, slice (make a clean cut through) "slit her throat"
- S: (v) slice (hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction)
- S: (v) slice, slice up (cut into slices) "Slice the salami, please"
- S: (v) slice (hit a ball so that it causes a backspin)