Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) slash, cut down (cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete)
- S: (v) flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce (beat severely with a whip or rod) "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- S: (v) slash, gash (cut open) "she slashed her wrists"
- S: (v) slash (cut drastically) "Prices were slashed"
- S: (v) convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate (move or stir about violently) "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- S: (adj) slashed (patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes) "brown iris...slashed with yellow"- Willa Cather
- S: (adj) slashed (having long and narrow ornamental cuts showing an underlying fabric) "a slashed doublet"; "slashed cuffs showing the scarlet lining"
- S: (adj) cut, slashed ((used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply) "the slashed prices attracted buyers"