Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cut, gash, slash, slice (a wound made by cutting) "he put a bandage over the cut"
- S: (n) slash (an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind))
- S: (n) solidus, slash, virgule, diagonal, stroke, separatrix (a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information)
- S: (n) slash, gash (a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument)
- S: (v) slash, cut down (cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete)
- S: (v) flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce (beat severely with a whip or rod) "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- S: (v) slash, gash (cut open) "she slashed her wrists"
- S: (v) slash (cut drastically) "Prices were slashed"
- S: (v) convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate (move or stir about violently) "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"