Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) skip (a gait in which steps and hops alternate)
- S: (n) omission, skip (a mistake resulting from neglect)
- S: (v) jump, pass over, skip, skip over (bypass) "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- S: (v) cut, skip (intentionally fail to attend) "cut class"
- S: (v) hop, skip, hop-skip (jump lightly)
- S: (v) decamp, skip, vamoose (leave suddenly) "She persuaded him to decamp"; "skip town"
- S: (v) skip, bound off (bound off one point after another)
- S: (v) skim, skip, skitter (cause to skip over a surface) "Skip a stone across the pond"