Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) skin, tegument, cutis (a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch) "your skin is the largest organ of your body"
- S: (n) skin (an outer surface (usually thin)) "the skin of an airplane"
- S: (n) hide, pelt, skin (body covering of a living animal)
- S: (n) skin (a person's skin regarded as their life) "he tried to save his skin"
- S: (n) skinhead, skin (a member of any of several British or American groups consisting predominantly of young people who shave their heads; some engage in white supremacist and anti-immigrant activities and this leads to the perception that all skinheads are racist and violent)
- S: (n) baldhead, baldpate, baldy, skinhead, skin (a person whose head is bald or shaved)
- S: (n) peel, skin (the rind of a fruit or vegetable)
- S: (n) skin (a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the hide of an animal)
- S: (v) clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter (climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling)
- S: (v) skin, scrape (bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of) "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
- S: (v) bark, skin (remove the bark of a tree)
- S: (v) skin, peel, pare (strip the skin off) "pare apples"