Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) skimming (the act of removing floating material from the surface of a liquid)
- S: (n) skim, skimming (reading or glancing through quickly)
- S: (n) skimming (failure to declare income in order to avoid paying taxes on it)
- S: (n) grazing, shaving, skimming (the act of brushing against while passing)
- S: (v) plane, skim (travel on the surface of water)
- S: (v) skim over, skim (move or pass swiftly and lightly over the surface of)
- S: (v) scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down (examine hastily) "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
- S: (v) skim, skip, skitter (cause to skip over a surface) "Skip a stone across the pond"
- S: (v) skim (coat (a liquid) with a layer)
- S: (v) skim, skim off, cream off, cream (remove from the surface) "skim cream from the surface of milk"
- S: (v) skim, skim over (read superficially)