Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) skid (one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects)
- S: (n) brake shoe, shoe, skid (a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation)
- S: (n) skid, slip, sideslip (an unexpected slide)
- S: (v) skid (slide without control) "the car skidded in the curve on the wet road"
- S: (v) skid (elevate onto skids)
- S: (v) skid (apply a brake or skid to)
- S: (v) skid, slip, slue, slew, slide (move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner) "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"