Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither (wither, as with a loss of moisture) "The fruit dried and shriveled"
- S: (v) flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, wince, recoil, quail (draw back, as with fear or pain) "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
- S: (v) shrink, reduce (reduce in size; reduce physically) "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?"
- S: (v) shrink, contract (become smaller or draw together) "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank"
- S: (v) shrink, shrivel (decrease in size, range, or extent) "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me"