Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shoot (a new branch)
- S: (n) shoot (the act of shooting at targets) "they hold a shoot every weekend during the summer"
- S: (v) shoot, hit, pip (hit with a missile from a weapon)
- S: (v) shoot, pip (kill by firing a missile)
- S: (v) blast, shoot (fire a shot) "the gunman blasted away"
- S: (v) film, shoot, take (make a film or photograph of something) "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
- S: (v) shoot (send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly) "shoot a glance"
- S: (v) dart, dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot (run or move very quickly or hastily) "She dashed into the yard"
- S: (v) tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck (move quickly and violently) "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- S: (v) shoot (throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective) "shoot craps"; "shoot a golf ball"
- S: (v) photograph, snap, shoot (record on photographic film) "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
- S: (v) shoot (emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully) "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"
- S: (v) shoot (cause a sharp and sudden pain in) "The pain shot up her leg"
- S: (v) inject, shoot (force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing) "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
- S: (v) shoot (variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors) "shoot cloth"
- S: (v) shoot (throw dice, as in a crap game)
- S: (v) fritter, frivol away, dissipate, shoot, fritter away, fool, fool away (spend frivolously and unwisely) "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- S: (v) shoot (score) "shoot a basket"; "shoot a goal"
- S: (v) shoot (utter fast and forcefully) "She shot back an answer"
- S: (v) shoot (measure the altitude of by using a sextant) "shoot a star"
- S: (v) shoot, spud, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout (produce buds, branches, or germinate) "the potatoes sprouted"
- S: (v) inject, shoot (give an injection to) "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein"