Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) reflect, shine (be bright by reflecting or casting light) "Drive carefully--the wet road reflects"
- S: (v) shine, beam (emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light) "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
- S: (v) glitter, glisten, glint, gleam, shine (be shiny, as if wet) "His eyes were glistening"
- S: (v) shine (be distinguished or eminent) "His talent shines"
- S: (v) shine (be clear and obvious) "A shining example"
- S: (v) glow, beam, radiate, shine (have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink) "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- S: (v) shine (throw or flash the light of (a lamp)) "Shine the light on that window, please"
- S: (v) fall, shine, strike (touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly) "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"
- S: (v) glow, beam, radiate, shine (experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion) "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
- S: (v) polish, smooth, smoothen, shine (make (a surface) shine) "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"