Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shield (a protective covering or structure)
- S: (n) shield, buckler (armor carried on the arm to intercept blows)
- S: (n) carapace, shell, cuticle, shield (hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles)
- S: (v) shield, screen (protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm)
- S: (v) harbor, harbour, shield (hold back a thought or feeling about) "She is harboring a grudge against him"