Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) acuteness, acuity, sharpness, keenness (a quick and penetrating intelligence) "he argued with great acuteness"; "I admired the keenness of his mind"
- S: (n) edge, sharpness (the attribute of urgency in tone of voice) "his voice had an edge to it"
- S: (n) pungency, bite, sharpness, raciness (a strong odor or taste property) "the pungency of mustard"; "the sulfurous bite of garlic"; "the sharpness of strange spices"; "the raciness of the wine"
- S: (n) sharpness (the quality of being keenly and painfully felt) "the sharpness of her loss"
- S: (n) sharpness, keenness (thinness of edge or fineness of point)
- S: (n) distinctness, sharpness (the quality of being sharp and clear)
- S: (n) asperity, sharpness (harshness of manner)