Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) share, portion, part, percentage (assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group) "he wanted his share in cash"
- S: (n) share (any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate) "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- S: (n) parcel, portion, share (the allotment of some amount by dividing something) "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
- S: (n) contribution, part, share (the effort contributed by a person in bringing about a result) "I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project"; "they all did their share of the work"
- S: (n) plowshare, ploughshare, share (a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil)
- S: (v) share (have in common) "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
- S: (v) share (use jointly or in common)
- S: (v) partake, share, partake in (have, give, or receive a share of) "We shared the cake"
- S: (v) share, divvy up, portion out, apportion, deal (give out as one's portion or share)
- S: (v) share (communicate) "I'd like to share this idea with you"