Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shame (a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt)
- S: (n) shame, disgrace, ignominy (a state of dishonor) "one mistake brought shame to all his family"; "suffered the ignominy of being sent to prison"
- S: (n) pity, shame (an unfortunate development) "it's a pity he couldn't do it"
- S: (v) dishonor, disgrace, dishonour, attaint, shame (bring shame or dishonor upon) "he dishonored his family by committing a serious crime"
- S: (v) shame (compel through a sense of shame) "She shamed him into making amends"
- S: (v) shame (cause to be ashamed)
- S: (v) shame (surpass or beat by a wide margin)