Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fake, sham, postiche (something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be)
- S: (n) imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player (a person who makes deceitful pretenses)
- S: (v) simulate, assume, sham, feign (make a pretence of) "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
- S: (v) feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble (make believe with the intent to deceive) "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- S: (adj) assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, put on, sham (adopted in order to deceive) "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"