Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shaft (a line that forms the length of an arrow pointer)
- S: (n) shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe (an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect) "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
- S: (n) shaft (a long rod or pole (especially the handle of an implement or the body of a weapon like a spear or arrow))
- S: (n) beam, beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation (a column of light (as from a beacon))
- S: (n) diaphysis, shaft (the main (mid) section of a long bone)
- S: (n) cock, prick, dick, shaft, pecker, tool, putz (obscene terms for penis)
- S: (n) spear, lance, shaft (a long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon)
- S: (n) shaft (a vertical passageway through a building (as for an elevator))
- S: (n) shaft, scape ((architecture) upright consisting of the vertical part of a column)
- S: (n) shaft (a long vertical passage sunk into the earth, as for a mine or tunnel)
- S: (n) rotating shaft, shaft (a revolving rod that transmits power or motion)
- S: (n) quill, calamus, shaft (the hollow spine of a feather)