Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) quest, seeking (the act of searching for something) "a quest for diamonds"
- S: (n) seeking (an attempt to acquire or gain something)
- S: (v) seek (try to get or reach) "seek a position"; "seek an education"; "seek happiness"
- S: (v) search, seek, look for (try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of) "The police are searching for clues"; "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county"
- S: (v) try, seek, attempt, essay, assay (make an effort or attempt) "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- S: (v) seek (go to or towards) "a liquid seeks its own level"
- S: (v) seek (inquire for) "seek directions from a local"