Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) procure, secure (get by special effort) "He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
- S: (v) fasten, fix, secure (cause to be firmly attached) "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- S: (v) secure (assure payment of)
- S: (v) guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure (make certain of) "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- S: (v) plug, stop up, secure (fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug) "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- S: (v) batten, batten down, secure (furnish with battens) "batten ships"
- S: (adj) secure, unafraid, untroubled (free from fear or doubt; easy in mind) "he was secure that nothing will be held against him"
- S: (adj) secure (free from danger or risk) "secure from harm"; "his fortune was secure"; "made a secure place for himself in his field"
- S: (adj) secure (not likely to fail or give way) "the lock was secure"; "a secure foundation"; "a secure hold on her wrist"
- S: (adj) impregnable, inviolable, secure, strong, unassailable, unattackable (immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with) "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"; "a secure telephone connection"
- S: (adj) dependable, good, safe, secure (financially safe) "a good investment"; "a secure investment"