Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) season (a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field) "he celebrated his 10th season with the ballet company"; "she always looked forward to the avocado season"
- S: (n) season, time of year (one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions) "the regular sequence of the seasons"
- S: (n) season (a recurrent time marked by major holidays) "it was the Christmas season"
- S: (v) season, flavor, flavour (lend flavor to) "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
- S: (v) season, harden (make fit) "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- S: (v) temper, season, mollify, moderate (make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else) "she tempered her criticism"