Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) screening, showing, viewing (the display of a motion picture)
- S: (n) screening (fabric of metal or plastic mesh)
- S: (n) cover, covering, screening, masking (the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it) "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
- S: (n) screening (testing objects or persons in order to identify those with particular characteristics)
- S: (v) screen, test (test or examine for the presence of disease or infection) "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- S: (v) screen (examine methodically) "screen the suitcases"
- S: (v) screen, screen out, sieve, sort (examine in order to test suitability) "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- S: (v) screen (project onto a screen for viewing) "screen a film"
- S: (v) screen, block out (prevent from entering) "block out the strong sunlight"
- S: (v) riddle, screen (separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff)
- S: (v) shield, screen (protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm)