Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) safety (the state of being certain that adverse effects will not be caused by some agent under defined conditions) "insure the safety of the children"; "the reciprocal of safety is risk"
- S: (n) safety, refuge (a safe place) "He ran to safety"
- S: (n) guard, safety, safety device (a device designed to prevent injury or accidents)
- S: (n) base hit, safety ((baseball) the successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely)
- S: (n) condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic (contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse)
- S: (n) safety (a score in American football; a player is tackled behind his own goal line)