Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) run down, check out (trace) "We are running down a few tips"
- S: (v) run down (move downward) "The water ran down"
- S: (v) run down, run over (injure or kill by knocking (someone or something) down and passing over the body, as with a vehicle)
- S: (v) poop out, peter out, run down, run out, conk out (use up all one's strength and energy and stop working) "At the end of the march, I pooped out"
- S: (v) scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down (examine hastily) "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
- S: (v) run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire (deplete) "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- S: (v) run down (pursue until captured) "They ran down the fugitive"