Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) revolve, go around, rotate (turn on or around an axis or a center) "The Earth revolves around the Sun"; "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- S: (v) rotate (exchange on a regular basis) "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
- S: (v) rotate (perform a job or duty on a rotating basis) "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- S: (v) rotate, circumvolve (cause to turn on an axis or center) "Rotate the handle"
- S: (v) turn out, splay, spread out, rotate (turn outward) "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- S: (v) rotate (plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession) "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"