Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) putrefaction, rot (a state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor)
- S: (n) decomposition, rot, rotting, putrefaction, breakdown ((biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action)
- S: (n) bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash (unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements))
- S: (v) decompose, rot, molder, moulder (break down) "The bodies decomposed in the heat"
- S: (v) waste, rot (become physically weaker) "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"