Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) roof (a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building)
- S: (n) roof (protective covering on top of a motor vehicle)
- S: (n) roof (the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space) "the roof of the cave was very high"; "I could see the roof of the bear's mouth"
- S: (n) ceiling, roof, cap (an upper limit on what is allowed) "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- S: (v) roof (provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof)