Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) rib (support resembling the rib of an animal)
- S: (n) rib, costa (any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates))
- S: (n) rib (cut of meat including one or more ribs)
- S: (n) rib (a teasing remark)
- S: (n) rib (a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant)
- S: (n) rib (a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural)
- S: (v) rib (form vertical ribs by knitting) "A ribbed sweater"
- S: (v) ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun (subject to laughter or ridicule) "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"