Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) reprieve, respite (a (temporary) relief from harm or discomfort)
- S: (n) respite, recess, break, time out (a pause from doing something (as work)) "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
- S: (n) suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement (an interruption in the intensity or amount of something)
- S: (n) respite, rest, relief, rest period (a pause for relaxation) "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
- S: (n) reprieve, respite (the act of reprieving; postponing or remitting punishment)
- S: (v) reprieve, respite (postpone the punishment of a convicted criminal, such as an execution)