Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) report, study, written report (a written document describing the findings of some individual or group) "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
- S: (n) report, account (the act of informing by verbal report) "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
- S: (n) report, news report, story, account, write up (a short account of the news) "the report of his speech"; "the story was on the 11 o'clock news"; "the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
- S: (n) report (a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing)) "they heard a violent report followed by silence"
- S: (n) report card, report (a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment) "his father signed his report card"
- S: (n) composition, paper, report, theme (an essay (especially one written as an assignment)) "he got an A on his composition"
- S: (n) reputation, report (the general estimation that the public has for a person) "he acquired a reputation as an actor before he started writing"; "he was a person of bad report"
- S: (v) report, describe, account (to give an account or representation of in words) "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- S: (v) report (announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding) "Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
- S: (v) report (announce one's presence) "I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- S: (v) report (make known to the authorities) "One student reported the other to the principal"
- S: (v) report, cover (be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism) "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"; "The cub reporter covered New York City"
- S: (v) report (complain about; make a charge against) "I reported her to the supervisor"