Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) replacement, replacing (the act of furnishing an equivalent person or thing in the place of another) "replacing the star will not be easy"
- S: (n) surrogate, alternate, replacement (someone who takes the place of another person)
- S: (n) substitution, permutation, transposition, replacement, switch (an event in which one thing is substituted for another) "the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood"
- S: (n) substitute, replacement (a person or thing that takes or can take the place of another)
- S: (n) refilling, replenishment, replacement, renewal (filling again by supplying what has been used up)
- S: (n) successor, replacement (a person who follows next in order) "he was President Lincoln's successor"