Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) remit (the topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with) "they set up a group with a remit to suggest ways for strengthening family life"
- S: (n) remission, remitment, remit ((law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court))
- S: (v) remit (send (money) in payment) "remit $25"
- S: (v) postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off (hold back to a later time) "let's postpone the exam"
- S: (v) remit (release from (claims, debts, or taxes)) "The taxes were remitted"
- S: (v) remit, remand, send back (refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision)
- S: (v) remit (forgive) "God will remit their sins"
- S: (v) slacken, remit (make slack as by lessening tension or firmness)
- S: (v) remit (diminish or abate) "The pain finally remitted"