Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think (recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection) "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- S: (v) remember, think of (keep in mind for attention or consideration) "Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
- S: (v) remember, think back (recapture the past; indulge in memories) "he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
- S: (v) remember (show appreciation to) "He remembered her in his will"
- S: (v) remember (mention favorably, as in prayer) "remember me in your prayers"
- S: (v) commend, remember (mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship) "Remember me to your wife"
- S: (v) remember (exercise, or have the power of, memory) "After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
- S: (v) commemorate, remember (call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony) "We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"