Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) relation (an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together)
- S: (n) sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge (sexual activity between individuals, especially the insertion of a man's penis into a woman's vagina until orgasm and ejaculation occur)
- S: (n) relative, relation (a person related by blood or marriage) "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
- S: (n) relation, telling, recounting (an act of narration) "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
- S: (n) relation back, relation ((law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time) "his attorney argued for the relation back of the amended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
- S: (n) relation ((usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups) "international relations"