Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) reign (a period during which something or somebody is dominant or powerful) "he was helpless under the reign of his egotism"
- S: (n) reign (the period during which a monarch is sovereign) "during the reign of Henry VIII"
- S: (n) reign, sovereignty (royal authority; the dominion of a monarch)
- S: (v) reign (have sovereign power) "Henry VIII reigned for a long time"
- S: (v) predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail (be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance) "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"