Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) region, part (the extended spatial location of something) "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space"
- S: (n) area, region (a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve) "in the abdominal region"
- S: (n) region (a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth) "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- S: (n) region, neighborhood (the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of')) "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"; "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
- S: (n) region, realm (a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about) "it was a limited realm of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult"