Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) refuse, decline (show unwillingness towards) "he declined to join the group on a hike"
- S: (v) refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline (refuse to accept) "He refused my offer of hospitality"
- S: (v) defy, resist, refuse (elude, especially in a baffling way) "This behavior defies explanation"
- S: (v) deny, refuse (refuse to let have) "She denies me every pleasure"; "he denies her her weekly allowance"
- S: (v) resist, reject, refuse (resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ) "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
- S: (v) reject, turn down, turn away, refuse (refuse entrance or membership) "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"