Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) recognition, acknowledgment, acknowledgement (the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged) "the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own"
- S: (n) recognition, identification (the process of recognizing something or someone by remembering) "a politician whose recall of names was as remarkable as his recognition of faces"; "experimental psychologists measure the elapsed time from the onset of the stimulus to its recognition by the observer"
- S: (n) recognition, credit (approval) "give her recognition for trying"; "he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying"
- S: (n) realization, realisation, recognition (coming to understand something clearly and distinctly) "a growing realization of the risk involved"; "a sudden recognition of the problem he faced"; "increasing recognition that diabetes frequently coexists with other chronic diseases"
- S: (n) recognition ((biology) the ability of one molecule to attach to another molecule that has a complementary shape) "molecular recognition drives all of biology, for instance, hormone and receptor or antibody-antigen interactions or the organization of molecules into larger biologically active entities"
- S: (n) recognition (the explicit and formal acknowledgement of a government or of the national independence of a country) "territorial disputes were resolved in Guatemala's recognition of Belize in 1991"
- S: (n) recognition (an acceptance (as of a claim) as true and valid) "the recognition of the Rio Grande as a boundary between Mexico and the United States"
- S: (n) recognition (designation by the chair granting a person the right to speak in a deliberative body) "he was unable to make his motion because he couldn't get recognition by the chairman"