Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) deferral, recess (a state of abeyance or suspended business)
- S: (n) recess, recession, niche, corner (a small concavity)
- S: (n) inlet, recess (an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands))
- S: (n) recess, niche (an enclosure that is set back or indented)
- S: (n) respite, recess, break, time out (a pause from doing something (as work)) "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
- S: (v) recess (put into a recess) "recess lights"
- S: (v) recess (make a recess in) "recess the piece of wood"
- S: (v) adjourn, recess, break up (close at the end of a session) "The court adjourned"